10:00 am-1:00 pm
Join us for a class on the amazing world of home-grown tomatoes!
This is an in person class where you will learn a wealth of tomato growing information and leave with a tray of tomato seeds started for the season!
We will discuss:
- Overview of how and why (or why not) to start tomatoes from seed.
- Choosing best growing environment and companion plants.
- Determinate vs. indeterminate growth and How to choose best varieties for your microclimate.
- Amending garden beds for optimal tomato growth and How to avoid common issues like blossom-end-rot
- Solid tray
- Seed starting mix
- Clear seed tray dome
- 4-5 varieties of tomato seeds that you will start in class
Optional to purchase in addition:
- Seedling heating mat
- Grow light